A mini facial rejuvenation treatment is a very popular addition to massage, reflexology or any other treatment. It's also a great way to enhance your treatments, increase your bookings and raise your rates.
I'll explain how to create a beautiful blend of oils, (there's options for aromatherapists and non aromatherapists) how to give a mini facial rejuvenation treatment and even how to market it as a new add on.
By the end of this post you'll know:-
Here's what you'll need
- 10 ml Avocado Oil
- 10 ml Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 drop of Grapefruit essential oil
- 1 drop Neroli essential oil
- 1 drop Patchouli essential oil
- 1 drop of Frankincense essential oil
- 1 dark glass bottle
- A small jug
- A label
These quantities will make enough for 4 or 5 treatments.
How to make the blend
Mix together the vegetable oils and essential oils and pour them into the bottle.
Label the blend with the ingredients, the best before date (it will last 3 months when stored correctly) the cautions (listed below) and the storage instructions (keep in a dark place like a drawer or press with the lid tightly closed)
What if you're not an aromatherapist?
Can you still offer this treatment to your clients?
If you're not an aromatherapist, and you plan to use the blend in your treatments, check first with your insurance companies and your State laws, if applicable.
But if you can't use the essential oils in the facial, you can get great results with the avocado and sweet almond oil mix, and you can sell it to your clients or use it in a reward scheme. As for the wonderful relaxation effect of the essential oils, you can add one drop of each essential oil in a burner or diffuser in the room.
Cautions to using the blend
The blend should not be used by anyone who will be using a sunbed or going out in bright sunlight within 48 hours. Sweet Almond oil should not be used if the client or therapist has a nut allergy.
Essential oils should not be taken internally or allowed to get into the eyes.
Why these ingredients?
Avocado oil is rich in fatty acids and Vitamins A,D and E which are vital for skin health. It also contains potassium, which is known as the "Youth Mineral"
It's a beautiful, rich, penetrating oil which is deeply moisturising and a fabulous anti oxidant. Avocado oil significantly increases collagen and elastin and can even help to reduce age spots and heal sun damage and scars.
Sweet Almond oil is a light oil while avocado which is very thick, so combining the two makes the blend more easily absorbed and easier to work with. Sweet Almond oil also very moisturising and anti inflammatory.
Grapefruit essential oil I include Grapefruit because it gives the blend a lift and the other essential oils, although beautiful, have a heavy aroma. If this makes no sense, try smelling the outer essentials without Grapefruit, then with it.
Neroli is a beautiful floral oil which is described as cytophylactic, which means it speeds up the growth of skin cells, just what we need as our skin ages.
Patchouli is another cytophylactic oil, fabulous for ageing skin.
Frankincense prevents and even reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
Each of the essential oils is wonderful for stress and anxiety, so using them in a treatment not only benefits the skin but makes the whole experience very relaxing.
The Facial Sequence
The facial treatment uses light strokes. It's best to work upward and outward.
- Place a little of the aromatherapy facial rejuvenation blend on your fingertips. Add more as you need to but never a lot at one time.
- Effleurage (stroke) from the jaw to the temples using the flat of your hands.
- With your fingertips, perform light circles across the cheek working from the centre of the face to the ears. Do this in 3 stages, on the lower, middle and upper cheeks.
- Directly below the centre of the lower lip and directly above the centre of the upper lip are points which help to increase collagen and elastin. Tap on each of these for about 10 seconds.
- With your index fingers between the centre of the nose and the upper lip, slide to the edge of the lips. This gently stretches the skin, so it's beneficial for wrinkles which are common in this area. Repeat 4 times.
- Place the side of your right index finger against the right side of the nose, draw your hand up the side of the nose and across to the left side of the forehead, beside the "frown lines". Repeat with the left hand at the left side of the nose and bring it to the right side of the forehead, beside the "frown lines" Repeat 4 times working with alternate hands.
- With thumbs or index fingers, slide over the "frown lines" at the top of the nose working in an upward motion. Continue working with alternate hands 6 times.
- With flat of hands stroke across the forehead, working from left to right with the right hand, then right to left with the left hand. repeat using alternate hands 6 times.
- Place your hands together in a prayer position below the chin then slide them up the cheekbones to the temples. Repeat 3 times.
- Tapotement. Lightly tap with the fingers from the jaw to the forehead. Bring your fingers back to the jaw and repeat. This stroke is always upward from the jaw to the forehead, never in the opposite direction. Repeat twice.
- Effleurage from the jaw to the temples using the flat of your hands.
Using the Aromatherapy Facial Rejuvenation Treatment in Your Business
Spreading The Word
The Aromatherapy Facial Rejuvenation Treatment is a great way to upgrade any other treatment, and upgrades are a great way to help you stand out from other therapists in your area. But you don't want this (or any of your treatments) to be the best kept secret, so here's some easy ways to spread the word:-
- Send texts and/or emails to your clients. You'll need their permission first. If you're unsure about permission and GDPR, check out my quick guide about understanding GDPR.
- Take short videos, ideally around a minute long, of you giving a treatment, preparing the blend or talking about how the oils reduce fine lines and wrinkles, increase collagen and elastin. Share the videos on your website, social media etc.
- Ask your clients to leave reviews for you on Facebook and Google My Business and if you can share the testimonials on your website, in your newsletters etc.
Increasing Your Income with the Aromatherapy
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hope you found that helpful,
After using essential oils for over 20 years and teaching for almost as long, I'm still excited at just how powerful they are.
Essential oils are so effective and so easy to use, and I'd love everyone to benefit from them, whether they are aromatherapists, holistic therapists or essential enthusiasts who want to use them for themselves, their families and their friends.
I have trained several hundred successful aromatherapists, created CPD courses which I've taught in person and online, and I'm the author of a book called " A step by step guide to using aromatherapy and essential oils for common ailments"
You might also like